ANOTHER folding kayak website!?

Description of your first forum.

ANOTHER folding kayak website!?

Postby bargee » 21 Sep 2013 11:48

'Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many websites there is no end, and much study wearies the body.' Ecclesiastes 12:12 New Internet Version

Well, that's the way I read it. :mrgreen:

Where to start? Other than acknowledging I'm an attention whore... how about:

I wanted a website which would have a relentless focus on one thing - packing that boat up and going someplace and paddling it.

It's my perception that most websites end up being dominated by armchair warriors who sit around spending too much time looking at a computer screen and not enough time actually doing something.

And recently when I went to another folding kayak website a glaring orange advertisement was predominant; this site will remain commercial free, thank you very much.

(I would be remiss if I didn't mention there is much good stuff at http://www.foldingkayaks.org.)

Finally, I hope to perpetuate the eternal memory of Hannes Lindemann: not the first to do it but the first to live to tell about it.

His book: Alone At Sea

He arrives home.
(The video is from his 1956 trip in a hand-carved dugout, not from his 1957 trip in a stock 17' Klepper. It's worth watching just to see the footage of his view from the dugout while somewhere in the Atlantic... difficult to imagine being in a boat like that in those conditions for over two months.)

Please note I am largely clueless :oops: about bulletin board management; if you want to help with this effort just let me know.

Anyway, I've wanted to try my hand at one of these things for a while and finally got it started - we'll see how it goes. Thanks for stopping by and looking forward to getting to know you.

bargee
Seriousness is not a virtue.

Gilbert Keith Chesterton
bargee
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum